Early Completion Option
ECO candidates must complete all 9 Pre-Service admissions requirements
- Admissions Application
- Official Transcripts with Bachelor’s degree posted from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- Meeting the Basic Skills Requirement through one of these options.
- One Page Resume
- One Page Personal Statement
- Three Professional Recommendations
- Appropriate Application Fee
- Proof of Passing a Collegiate-Level Course or Examination in the US Constitution
- Certificate of Clearance issued by the California Commissions on Teacher Credentialing with No Convictions
Additional Criteria For Admissions
Demonstrate subject matter competency
Pass the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) or
Obtain Subject Matter Equivalency Letter from an approved college or university
Pass the appropriate ECO Exam:
- Pass the California Teaching Performance Assessment (CalTPA). This assessment may be taken only one time by an intern participating in the early completion option. Register for the CalTPA here.
- Pass the Reading Instruction Competence Assessment (RICA) (Multiple Subject Credential Only). Register for the RICA here.
- Meet the requirements for teacher fitness.
Secure full-time teaching contract with a participating school district, teaching at least 60% in subject area
Tuition and Fees
Application Fee: $75 (Final Deadline for ECO)
– PLUS TPA Instructional Cycle 1 Fee: $150
ECO Tuition: $6,990.00 for one year
$873.75 per month for 8 months
First installment is out of pocket