Rigorous and highly selective, this individualized program is designed for people who have the competence and confidence to go into the classroom and be successful.
Pre-Service is NOT required for this one year course of study. ECO Candidates must demonstrate competencies through the Teaching Performance Assessments (TPA) on the FIRST submission. Failure to do so will result in the candidate losing his or her status as an ECO Candidate.
Prior to successful program completion, Multiple Subject ECO Candidates must pass the Reading Instruction Competence Assessment (RICA).
ECO candidates must complete all 10 Pre-Service admissions requirements
1. Admission Application
2. Official transcripts with bachelors degree posted
3. Pass California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST)
4. One page resume
5. One page personal statement regarding your motivation for entering the teaching profession, and your goals for promoting student academic achievement
6. Three professional recommendations
Must be submitted using FSE’s recommendation form, including an original signature from the recommender
7. $60 non-refundable application fee (Early Bird – March 5th) or $75 non-refundable application fee (Final Deadline for ECO – April 1st)
8. Proof of passing a collegiate level course or examination in the U.S. Constitution www.usconstitutionexam.com
9. Certificate of Clearance issued by California Commission on Teacher Credentialing with no convictions www.ctc.ca.gov
10. Successful interview with FSE admission panel
– Demonstrate subject matter competency
Pass the California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET)
Obtain Subject Matter Equivalency Letter
– Pass the appropriate ECO Exam:
– Pass interview with FSE Admissions Panel, which includes teaching a Demonstration Lesson
– Pass CalTPA INSTRUCTIONAL CYCLE 1: LEARNING ABOUT STUDENTS AND PLANNING INSTRUCTION:
* * * The California Commission on Teacher Credentialing is currently revising the CalTPA process. Additional information will be available soon. As soon as CTC updates Fortune School of Education about the revised CalTPA Process, links will be included on this page. Please check back for updates during the Fall 2018 semester!
– Secure full-time teaching contract with a participating school district, teaching at least 60% in subject area
Tuition & Fees
Application Fee: $60 (Early Bird) or $75 (Final Deadline for ECO)
– PLUS TPA Instructional Cycle 1 Fee: Pending through CTC
ECO Tuition: $6,990.00 for one year
$873.75 per month for 8 months
First installment is out of pocket