Fortune School of Education is dedicated to admitting students who demonstrate academic excellence and show promise for futures in education. We are equity- and diversity-minded but remain selective as an institution. Admissions decisions are made by the admissions committee based on the strength of the applicant’s past academic performance, the admissions interview, their relevant work experience, and their preparation in the proposed field of study. Those interested in attending Fortune must submit an application with the required fee, a curriculum vitae or resume, transcripts from all previous coursework, recommendations, and any other requested materials as listed on the website and the Catalog. Applications are screened by our staff, and those selected for further consideration are invited to an interview with a panel comprising members of our faculty and staff. Those who receive approval from the majority of the panel will be invited to enroll in the program to which they applied.
Each program has its own eligibility criteria and admission requirements, which can be found on our website and in the Catalog.
- Complete application form
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Current resume or CV
- Statement of purpose: The statement of purpose must have between 400 and 500 words. It includes a brief narrative describing your background and career goals, why you wish to join this program, and how this program can impact your personal and/or professional life. You may also discuss how education and social justice issues have affected you. The goal of the statement of purpose is to give the Selection Committee a sense of who you are and your reasons for applying to this program.
- Two (2) recommendations from professors, employers, or other individuals with whom you have collaborated professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. The minimum required GPA is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in your undergraduate or previous graduate coursework. Official transcripts of coursework from each higher education institution attended are required.
Notice to Prospective Degree Program Students:
The Bureau provisionally approves this institution for Private Postsecondary Education to
offer degree programs. To continue to offer this degree program, this institution must meet the
- Become institutionally accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United
States Department of Education, with the scope of the accreditation covering at least
one degree program.
- Achieve accreditation candidacy or pre-accreditation, as defined in regulations, by
October 25, 2024, and full accreditation by October 25, 2027.
If this institution stops pursuing accreditation, the following will happen:
- The institution must stop all enrollment in its degree programs, and
- Provide a teach-out to finish the educational program or provide a refund.
An institution that fails to comply with accreditation requirements by the required dates shall
have its approval to offer degree programs automatically suspended.
Ready to Apply?
Please answer a few questions so we know how to direct your application better.