School Leadership Program
Applying is easy, watch the video to learn how to submit your application online.
- Possession of a valid prerequisite teaching or services credential (Prerequisite Credential definitions below);
- Clear or life California teaching credential that requires a baccalaureate degree and a program of professional preparation, including student teaching or the equivalent, and holds an English learner authorization; or
- Clear or life California designated subjects teaching credential in adult education, career technical education, vocational education, or special subjects, provided the applicant also possesses a baccalaureate degree and holds an English learner authorization; or
- Clear or life California services credential in pupil personnel services, health services for school nurse, teacher librarian services, speech-language pathology, or clinical or rehabilitative services requiring a baccalaureate degree and a professional preparation program, including fieldwork or the equivalent.
- Full-time experience:
- Five years of successful, full-time teaching experience with an employment agency as defined in Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations section 80054(g)(1) and (2)(A); or
- Five years of successful, full-time experience in the fields of pupil personnel, school nurse, teacher librarian, or speech-language pathology, or clinical or rehabilitative services with an employment agency as defined in Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations section 80054(g)(1) and (2)(A); or
- A combination of (a) and (b)
- Passage of the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
- Completed Application Form
- $60 Non-Refundable Application Fee
- Letter of Candidate Introduction
- Official Transcripts with BA/BS Degree
- Three Recommendation Form (Professional recommendations only)
- Verification of the Eligibility Criteria: Valid credential, full-time experience, and passage of CBEST
Ready to Start?
Please answer a few questions, so we know how to direct your application better.